SELENA
  • 4
    Apr

SELENA

Orbital Critical  is taking part in the SELENA programme (More Electrical, Safer and More Reconfigurable Systems Orientated towards a More Efficient Aircraft by Reducing the Pilot’s Workload), which is included in the CIEN programme (National Entrepreneurial Research Consortia Strategic Programme) of CDTI.

The overall goal of the project is to take a decisive step towards the integration of more electrical systems aimed at the aircraft of the future, which must necessarily be safer, more efficient and reduce pilot workload, whilst also taking into account a lower environmental impact.

In addition to CESA, which is the leader of the consortium, and Orbital another six companies, three Universities (Polytechnical Universities of Cartagena, Madrid and Navarra) and five Innovation Centres (AICIA, IKERLAN, PRODINTEC, TECNALIA, TEKNIKER). The programme has an estimated length of 3 years, and it is expected to finish in 2018.

LOGOS

The programme is divided into five main. lines of work. Orbital Critical Systems will contribute in the Work Package “Reduction in pilot workload using more electrical actuation systems with the incorporation of predictive and diagnostic systems to increase safety and reliability” led by CESA. Orbital will focus in research and development of advanced prediction and diagnosis techniques based in Health
and Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS).

The main activities carried out by Orbital will be :

  • To check “state of the art”of fault detection techniques applied to Reduction Gear (mainly planetary gears).
  • To Define and execute an experimentation plan for Data Acquisition in testbench environment.
  • Signal Analysis to obtain fault indicators.
  • Design of efficient HM algorithms.
  • Definition of signal acquisition, hardware and software architecture.
  • Specification of sensors requirements
  • Deployment of sensors  and execution of real tests of selected technology.
  • Validation of sensors.
  • Integration of developed algorithms in testbench (demostrator).

The budget allocated for the development of this consortium is approximately €7.2 M, 75 % of which is financed by CDTI and the remaining 25% by the industry.

 

CDTI

 Nº Expediente: IDI-20150635